Tips to Pass Your Test Successfully
I’ve never met a single person who enjoys being tested. Any average student hates sitting ans passing exams. They become anxious about seeing a blank sheet of paper and fall into panic if they don’t now the correct answer. They begin to fidget and their palms get wet whether they remember the material well or not. But nothing could be do about that. You may like it or not but the tests can’t be avoided. You are to have at least several serious exams during your life. You are to pass a driving test if you want to have a license, the employer is likely to check your skills in a test form if you apply to a position. So the best way to reduce the negative emotions about sitting an exam is to get accustomed to it as soon as possible. Imagine that tomorrow you are to have an important test. I’m not going to deliver you a lecture on the results of hard studying. Probably I should let your teacher do that. How to get ready right now?
- If you are going to have a word test try to learn words which are not listed but combined in clusters according to their topic or the way or formation for example. Use associations. This way is more effective and is not so boring as conning the endless columns of hardly familiar lexical items.
- Don’t stay up late, go to bed half an hour earlier and have a proper sleep. The brain of a human is proved to function better if it has got enough rest. If you miss one of the sleep phases you will not be able to concentrate and perform well in you test.
- Have a full breakfast. Eat slow and don’t swallow it in a hurry. This way you’ll receive as much energy as possible from the food. Eat a whole grain meal which will provide you enough nutrients and you won’t be distracted from your tasks by a sudden hunger.
- Don’t consider the future test to be a matter of life and death. Even in case of a failure nothing awful will happen.
- Be sure that you have prepared all necessary items for your test. That would be better if you get everything ready in the evening. Take some extra pens in order not to ask you teacher for another one wasting the time. This will help you to avoid being nervous.
- Look through your notes whether you know them by heart or have just opened for the first time for the last ten days. You eye will grasp some random words or figures which you may see in your tasks later.
- During taking the test, give answers to the questions you know for sure I can immediately answer. Skip the ones which cause difficulties and return to them later. Use your time wisely.
- If there are some tasks with the multiple choice you may use the method of the exclusion and cross out the variant that definitely are incorrect.
- If you have a few minutes left look through your answer sheet and make sure there is no blanks. Even if you don’t know the correct answer try to guess it. Later you will have the opportunity to analyze your mistakes.